Saturday 24 December 2011

Gingerbread House...

Yesterday was my first attempt at a gingerbread house, it came out alright to say it was my first time....




I got a simple recipe from the Internet for gingerbread cookies and drew a template, cut out the the walls and roof from the templates and baked them. Also made some extra just in case. Then I had to do the fiddly bit by putting the walls together and gluing them with icing and holding them with household objects to dry, then came the fun part of decorating, which needed Joshes help to do, he very much enjoyed it but I'm pretty sure he ate more sweets than he put on the gingerbread.

I also made a key lime pie, which is gorgeous, after spending an age looking for limes, which is a real key ingredient in key lime pie. I don't have a picture of that I was too busy eating eat it.

Later that night friends dropped by to go last minute shopping, I didn't really need anything but I still found a couple of things to add to peoples presents. Oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment