Friday 13 January 2012

New Read & Geeks...

Today I started and finished reading a Milly Johnson novel I bought recently, I love her books, they're always so witty and funny with of course a happy ending. The best part about her books are that she is from Barnsley so therefore writes in a Yorkshire accent which is brilliant to me - a Yorkshire woman.
The book is called The Birds and the Bees....


At the start of the book the author give a description of what the Scottish dance 'the birds and bees' is, an energetic country jig of changing partners. The story follows Stevie Honeywell and her fiancĂ© Matthew, his work colleague Jo and her partner the burly Scotsman Adam MacLean (which for this she writes in a Scottish accent, brilliant). The simple gist of the book is Matt falls for Jo leaving Stevie and Adam heartbroken. Stevie and Adam take an instant disliking to each but come together to try to win their partners back. It's a lovely book filled with warmth and humour and it was a very good read, I would probably give it an 8/10.

Also my costume came today for my friends 21st birthday next week, I'm going as a geek, I tried it all on and I think I fit the description quite well. Actually been wearing the glasses all day because they just seem to suit me.

Well I should really get an early night as I have Josh tonight and will be getting up early in the morning no doubt.

No comments:

Post a Comment